TL;DR: This website is provided as a free service to convert Word documents to Markdown, and only collects and stores the bare-minimum information necessary to do just that.
Information you provide
If you upload a document, it is stored only so long as is necessary to convert the document and is deleted immediately after your request is completed.
Information collected automatically
- This site uses Google Analytics to track anonymous usage information. Your information may be subject to their third-party terms.
- This site logs basic diagnostic information, such as the time and date of your request, your IP address, and if your request was successful or not. Logs are retained for one week.
How information is used
- Documents you upload are used to generate a Markdown representation of the document's contents. That's why you uploaded them to this site.
- Usage information is used to gauge interest in this site. If nobody's using it, why maintain it?
- Diagnostic information is used to diagnose conversion errors, most likely in response to an issue submitted via the issue tracker.
How information is shared
It's not, beyond relying on third-parties for tracking usage information.
A note on security
This website is provided for your convenience. All traffic is encrypted and documents are not stored once converted (on a Heroku instance). If you'd like to better understand what's happening under the hood you can view the source code. Of course, if you don't want to trust a stranger on the internet with your super-important work document, you can always convert the file on your own machine.